Ottawa Tennis - Public Downtown Courts
Welcome to the Ottawa Tennis (Downtown) Group!
Once you've joined this group you can contact players in downtown Ottawa for a friendly game of tennis. For more competitive play, you can join the Ottawa Public Tennis Ladder 2013. Don't forget to enter your scores after each match, and play as often as possible to get to the top!
The first TennisOrbit tournament of the year is here!
Registration is now open for the first TennisOrbit Tournament Fundraiser. All money from this tournament will go towards covering some of our operating and development costs, as well towards purchasing prizes for the winners.
We are working on developing better features, running more tournaments, ladders, and leagues. Our mission is to help grow tennis across Ottawa, and in other communities. Funds collected will be put towards operating costs which include server and domain rentals, software, email services, and code improvements.
To register go here:
How does it work?
- The tournament is being played on Ottawa public courts over the month of June.
- Players are scheduled to play a match every week they are in the tournament.
- Players are responsible for finding a time to play with their opponent.
- Finals will be held at Frank/Cartier St. courts with a BBQ and prizes.
**** Because play is taking place on public courts we would suggest playing early morning to get enough time to finish your full match. Please use good sportsmanship and contact me if there are any issues.
- If you lose your first match you proceed to the consulation draw.
- You must play your scheduled match within a week.
- Defaults can be awarded if a player does not show up.
- Matches are best 2 of 3 sets.
Prizes & Goods
Prizes will be awared to the top two players of the main draw and consulation draw.
If you would like to pay in cash please contact me.
All public courts in the downtown Ottawa.